Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Choosing to "Set" My Heart and Mind on Christ - July 28, 2020

Morning by Morning, July 28 - Choosing to "Set" My Heart and Mind on Christ
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart.... 
 
"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.... And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" (Colossians 3:1-17).
 
Your Word commands us "set your hearts on things above ... set your minds on things above." To "set" our hearts and minds requires a conscious choice, a deliberate action on our part. 
 
To "set" our hearts and minds "on things above" also requires us to consciously choose the object and target of our heart's desires and our mind's thoughts. What does that mean? What does that look like? How would my life be different if I were to obey Your command of Your Word to "set" my heart and my mind "on things above"? ...
 
As wait and listen, from Your Spirit to my spirit, Your words come to my heart. ...
 
"To look to Me is to prioritize Me. To set your heart on Me, to set your mind on Me, is to trust in Me, to yield to Me, to allow Me to put My desires in your heart and My thoughts in your mind. I AM the Thing Above. My thoughts and My desires are the things above. Choose this perspective. Embrace this priority. Your part is to willingly make this choice. My part is to enable your desire to want this and your power to do this. This is the power of My grace for you. As you do, you will be dead to the tyranny of this world, with it's worldly perspectives and priorities, so that your life will be hidden with Christ in God. You'll be lifted up and alive in Christ, as Christ is lifted up and alive in you. This is the life of Christ in you, the hope of glory. This is how I empower you to do all you do in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, full of thanksgiving, full of joy, full of My presence, My love, and My power being fully expressed through your life." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your written Word comes to mind to confirm this spoken word I hear in my heart: "God has chosen to make know among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God..." (Galatians 2:20-21). "For it is God who works in (me) to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose" (Philippians 2:13).
 
So by the power of Your grace at work within me, I willingly, consciously and deliberately choose to look up to You, to set my heart and my mind on You and on the things above, on the things of Your will and Your Kingdom, rather than merely my will and the kingdoms of this world. Put Your desires in my heart and Your thoughts in my mind, so that Your perspective and priorities become my perspective and my priorities. I can't do any of this apart from You, but by the power of Your grace at work within me, I can do all these things through Christ who strengthens and empowers me (Philippians 4:13), through Christ who abides right here, right now within me (John 15:4); through Christ in me, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be strengthened and empowered to set your heart and mind on Christ, so that your life is hidden with God in Christ and all you do, you do in the name and in the nature of the Lord Jesus, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    

PraySA --Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!  www.PraySA.org
I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio.

Plans are coming together for a citywide prayer for revival gathering in the parking lot where the San Antonio Spurs play basketball and our city holds the San Antonio Rodeo at the Freeman Coliseum/AT&T Center. This will be a Solemn Assembly and Holy Convocation of heartfelt humility and repentance through citywide prayer for ourselves and our land on Sunday Nights, August 9th and 16th. Please keep us in prayer to follow the Holy Spirit's leading. If you would like to be involved and help spread the word, please send me a note: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 
 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!