Friday, July 24, 2020

"One" with God - July 24, 2020

Morning by Morning, July 24 - "One" with God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit. And by the mystery of faith and the grace of God, You are One within me and with all who believe in You. ...
 
"After Jesus had spoken these words, He looked up to heaven and said, 'Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son so that the Son may glorify You, since You have given Him authority over all people, to give eternal life to all whom You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent... As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.... I have made Your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which You have loved Me may be in them, and I in them" (John 17:1-26).
 
"One." How can it be that we could be "one" with You, "one" with God -- God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit -- "the only true God"? ... It's only by Your grace. Only by Your love -- Your love for us in ways we can't even begin to ask or imagine.
 
If these words were not in the Bible, these "red letter words" of Jesus Himself, it would almost seem like blasphemy or something surely less than the reverence and respect and fear of the Lord that You're so worthy to receive. But yet, here it is: "As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in Us.... The glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may become completely one" (John 17:21-23). As Your Words of Scripture confirm, "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17).
 
Lord, give me grace to embrace this depth of intimacy with You. Give me faith to believe it's true and wisdom to understand what it means. Give me courage to live my life in the reality of this truth with the humility of heart to know this eternal expression of Your unfailing, unfathomable love for me and for all who believe in You. 
 
This is life. This is the purpose and meaning of life on this adventure of life we've each been given, from conception to consummation. "This is eternal life, that (we) may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3). 
 
Help me know You more. In knowing You, I am loving You. And in loving You, Your Word is being fulfilled in me:  "Righteous Father, the world does not know You, but I know You; and these know that You have sent Me. I made Your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which You have loved Me may be in them, and I in them" (John 17:25-26). 
 
Knowing Your love is how I come to know You, how I become "one" with You and You with me. "By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.... God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:13-17). Lord, let it be so! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you embrace by God's grace all His love for you as "one" with Him -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

PraySA --Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!  www.PraySA.org
I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio.

Plans are coming together for a citywide prayer for revival gathering in the parking lot where the San Antonio Spurs play basketball and our city holds the San Antonio Rodeo at the Freeman Coliseum/AT&T Center. This will be a Solemn Assembly and Holy Convocation of heartfelt humility and repentance through citywide prayer for ourselves and our land on Sunday Nights, August 9th and 16th. Please keep us in prayer to follow the Holy Spirit's leading. If you would like to be involved and help spread the word, please send me a note: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!