Tuesday, November 17, 2020

"Pray for the Light!" - November 17, 2020

 Morning by Morning, November 17 - "Pray for the Light!"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You first and listen for You first, to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
"Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be associated with them. For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light -- for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true. Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what such people do secretly; but everything exposed by light becomes visible, for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, 'Sleeper, awake! Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you!" (Ephesians 5:6-14)
 
I hear in my heart this morning, "Pray for the light." ...
 
Yes, Lord.... I pray for the light. Let Your light shine. Bring all things out of darkness and into Your light. Expose the "works of darkness" -- wherever "darkness" has been at work in me or my life, in my community or my nation, in the Body of Christ and throughout our world. Expose them.
 
As I pray for You to "expose them," what comes to my heart is this: "I said in My Word for you to expose them." ...
 
Yes, Lord.... As I look again at verse 11, Your Word commands us to be active and not passive, to be actively engaged and not sitting idly by, to advance and not retreat: "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them" (Ephesians 5:11).
 
How do I "expose them?" ...
 
Once again I hear You saying in my heart, "Pray for the light." ...
 
Yes, Lord. I pray for the light. I pray all that is hidden be uncovered, all that is secret be revealed, all that is darkness be exposed.
 
I pray for the light and I proclaim the Truth of Your Word that You are the Light. Just as You said, "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8:12). And as we welcome You in our hearts, as we embrace Your light of life in our lives, our prayers and thoughts, our words and actions are filled with Your light to shine forth into our lives and our world. Just as You said of all who allow Your light to shine in our hearts, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill that cannot be hidden" (Matthew 5:14). As You said, "When you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light" (John 12:36).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Spirit of Light, Spirit of Life, Spirit of the One who is the Light and empowers us to let the Light of God shine in us, arise in us! Awaken us from our slumber of sleep. Deliver us from passivity and capitulation to the pressures of the world seeking to silence our voice and even our prayers in this hour! Let us rise from the dead and come to life in our prayers to believe and to proclaim that all that is in darkness will be exposed!
 
It's the nature of fallen man to love darkness rather than light (John 3:19). But You come into our world in the Light of Your Glory to overcome all darkness; and that darkness cannot overcome Your Light (John 1:5).
 
So by the power of Your grace, we will no longer take part in any of the works of darkness. Nor will we tolerate or condone any of the works of darkness on our watch of prayer or in our spheres of responsibility and authority in the power of the name of Jesus!
 
I respond to Your call and I actively engage in prayer, as I proclaim in the Spirit to all who are called by Your name, "Sleeper, awake! Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you!" (Ephesians 5:14) I join with you as you join with me to "Pray for the light!" In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be empowered by the Holy Spirit to pray for the Light, as you arise and shine and let the Light of the glory of God shine through you to expose the works of darkness in all your spheres of responsibility and authorityin Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. I join with you with expectant faith and prayer for our nation and for our witness in the midst of these days! God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!