Thursday, January 07, 2021

Fighting Our Battles Only in the Ways of the Lord - January 7, 2021

 Morning by Morning, January 7 - Fighting Our Battles Only in the Ways of the Lord

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Rule and reign as Sovereign Lord in my heart and in my land, for You are our King of kings and Lord of lords. ...
 
Lord, You look and see all that's going on in our land. We yearn for Your righteousness and justice. We pray for Your mercy and miracles. And as we do, give us faith and faithfulness to pray and act from our spirit and not our flesh, in the ways of Your Word and not the ways of our world. Give us boldness to storm the gates of hell, not the gates of private or public property (Matthew 16:18). Give us discipline to fight with the spiritual weapons of our warfare, not the carnal weapons of our world (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
 
The battle belongs to the Lord (2 Chronicles 20:15). So give us wisdom and discernment, courage and boldness, humility and faithfulness, to join the battle only in the ways of the Lord, looking to You alone as Lord, Redeemer, Commander, and Savior of all:
 
"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
 O my God, in You I trust;
    do not let me be put to shame;
    do not let my enemies exult over me.
Do not let those who wait for You be put to shame;
    let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
Make me to know Your ways, O Lord;
    teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth, and teach me,
    for You are the God of my salvation;
    for You I wait all day long....
 
Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore He instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right,
    and teaches the humble His way.
All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness,
    for those who keep His covenant and His decrees.
 
For your name's sake, O Lord,
    pardon my guilt, for it is great.
Who are they that fear the Lord?
    He will teach them the way that they should choose.
They will abide in prosperity,
    and their children shall possess the land.
The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him,
    and He makes His covenant known to them.
 
My eyes are ever toward the Lord,
    for He will pluck my feet out of the net.
Turn to me and be gracious to me,
    for I am lonely and afflicted.
Relieve the troubles of my heart,
    and bring me out of my distress.
 
Consider my affliction and my trouble,
    and forgive all my sins.
Consider how many are my foes,
    and with what violent hatred they hate me.
O guard my life, and deliver me;
    do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in You.
 
May integrity and uprightness preserve me,
    for I wait for You.
Redeem Israel, O God,
    out of all its troubles" (Psalm 25:1-25).
 
If we're willing to wait and listen for You, You will teach us and lead us in the right way -- the right way to fight, the right way to pray, to right way to hold fast in the faith for all that is right and true, righteous and just. 
 
"Though the Lord may give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'" (Isaiah 30:20-21).
 
There's a right way and a wrong way to do everything. Even when we seek to do the right thing, we can do it in the wrong way. Then even what was right becomes wrong. The ends do not justify the means. Both the ends of what we desire and the means of how we get there must be right. And You're the One who determines what is right -- both the right ends and the right means.
 
You're our Teacher and our Leader. Teach us Your ways that lead to life. Lead us in Your ways that are right and true and prevail:
 
"Those who are wise understand these things;
    those who are discerning know them.
For the ways of the Lord are right,
    and the upright walk in them,
    but transgressors stumble in them" (Hosea 14:9).
 
Encourage us and empower us to keep seeking You in wisdom, to keep discerning Your ways and only walking in them, as we hold fast to the faith You've put in our hearts to be a people and a nation under God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be empowered by the Spirit to join the battle of the Lord in the ways of the Lord, looking to the Lord alone as our Redeemer, Commander, and Savior of all, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. And I continue to join with you in prayer for our nation through these challenging times. God bless you, my friend! 

 

  God bless you as you pray for America
and the nations of our world today!

Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: