Thursday, January 28, 2021

"Draw Near to God" and "Be Glad!" - January 28, 2021

 Morning by Morning, January 28 - "Draw Near to God" and "Be Glad!"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Light of the world and Lord of my life, make me more like You today. ...
 
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).
 
I thank You that by the grace of Your mercy and love You're always drawing us near to You. Even before we're saved, Your Holy Spirit is at work in our lives, with us in our worries, ready to assist us in our struggles, pursuing us to both convict us of our sins and convince us of Your heart to forgive us and cleanse us and restore us to a deeply personal and trusting relationship with You. And once we are saved, You continue Your work from within and all around us to keep drawing us closer still, deeper still into an ever-increasing intimacy with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
 
And at the same time, You also invite us to choose to "draw near" to You, promising You will then "draw near" to us. So it's not either You draw near to us or we draw near to You; it's bothYou draw near to us and we draw near to You. It's not just a passive relationship, where we just sit back and wait on You to pursue us. It's also an active relationship, where we also pursue You. "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:25).
 
Some of Your Words come to mind to confirm Your call to seek You and passionately pursue You:
 
"Abide in Me as I abide in you" (John 15:4).
 
"When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13).
 
"Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near" (Isaiah 55:6-7).
 
"I love those who love Me; and those who diligently seek Me will find Me" (Proverbs 8:17).
 
"When You said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said to You, 'Your face, O Lord, I will seek" (Psalm 27:8).
 
"Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face continually" (1 Chronicles 16:11).
 
"Now set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God" (1 Chronicles 22:19).
 
"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33).
 
"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened" (Luke 11:9-10).
 
Lord, let me not be a passive lover of God, just sitting back and waiting on You to love me. Like any one-sided relationship, that's very unfulfilling for both. Rather, stir in my heart to "pursue love" -- with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, and all my strength (1 Corinthians 14:1). "The hour is coming, and is now here when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24).
 
I was finishing a week of ministry in Illinois a few days ago and on the last night, a couple of ladies came up for prayer together. One asked me, "Are you always this happy? You really seem to have so much joy!" ...
 
The truth is You've given me that gift of joy. As You and I know, we've shared so many of my painful and heartbreaking times too, but somehow You've also always given me a joy in getting through. It's almost as if "the joy of the Lord is (my) strength!" (Nehemiah 8:10) Thank You for that gift of joy and strength that's always with me and always gets me through!
 
But at the same time, I also believe You've given me the gift and the wisdom to seek after You, to passionately pursue You -- in my prayers, in my worship, from the beginning of my day and throughout the moments of my day. I believe that brings You joy. And I believe that gives me joy. "Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad!" (1 Chronicles 16:10) "Be glad that you are His; let those who seek the Lord be happy! (NCV).
 
So I will seek You. I will pursue You. I will love You because You first loved me, but I will not just lay back passively waiting on You to love me in one-sided relationship. I will draw near to You. I will abide in You. And by the mercy of Your grace and love for me, I will be glad and Your joy will be my strength! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be glad and full of joy as you seek the Lord and draw near to Him with all your heart, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

Healing Prayer Ministry Course at Coker UMC in San Antonio Beginning Today.
Friends, please keep us in your prayers as I start a weekly online series today teaching and equipping a prayer ministry team to serve at Coker United Methodist Church in San Antonio. I pray for your equipping and serving as well in your calling and destiny with the gifts the Lord is giving and stirring up in you! God bless you!


Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: