Thursday, January 21, 2021

Praying for Truth "And At The Same Time" Praying for Those in Authority - January 21, 2021

Morning by Morning, January 21 - Praying for Truth "And At The Same Time" Praying for Those in Authority
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. My hope is in You -- built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. You are the Solid Rock on which I stand. ...
 
Like so many who are standing firm in the faith for what we believe You've stirred in our hearts to pray, I'm also wrestling with the unfolding of events. But I have to say I don't feel confused. Even in the deep heaviness of heart I've sensed in my spirit, I don't feel discouraged. Your Word has not changed. Your will has not changed. Though the battles are intense and the circumstances are hard, Your Word never falls, Your Spirit never falters, and Your Love never fails:
 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, 
    His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is Your faithfulness.
'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul,
    'therefore I will hope in Him'" (Lamentations 3:22-24).
 
So I'll keep praying for the revelation of truth and for the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, life over death, freedom over tyranny, faith over fear. I'll keep standing firm for the principles of the kingdom of God and the principles of righteousness that exalt a nation. I'll keep expecting a sudden shift in the heavenlies and miraculous breakthrough in the land that only You could do and where only You can receive the glory, honor, and praise. 
 
And at the same time, I'll also pray however Your Spirit leads, for those who are placed in positions of authority in my life, in our land, in our world. That part of Your Word and Your will hasn't changed either:
 
"Above all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made for everyone, for kings and all who are in high positions, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and dignity. This is right and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires everyone to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
 
As You said and taught us to pray, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous" (Matthew 5:44-45).
 
So come, Holy Spirit. Show me how to pray -- standing firm in my faith for revelation and truth, while at the same time also praying for those who persecute me, blessing those who curse me, and loving those who hate me   -- just like Jesus. "For as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17).
 
Father, give me grace for that, give me Your words and Your prayers and Your attitude for that. Above all, give me Your Spirit for that:
 
"Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints accord to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).
 
Come pray through me the will of God by the Spirit of God, as I keep looking to You, trusting in You, O Lord, my God. My hope is built on nothing less. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be bold and Spirit-led in your prayers as you pray both for truth, and at the same time, for all who are in positions of authority in your life and our world, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


Looking up to God with you, my friend! 
Standing firm with you in faith,
in our hearts and in our land.

Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: