Friday, January 01, 2021

New Year with the Faithful One Who "Will Make a Way in the Wilderness" - January 1, 2020

 Morning by Morning, January 1 - New Year with the Faithful One Who "Will Make a Way in the Wilderness"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. The first thing this morning of this first day of the year, I put You first in my heart and first of all. ...
 
"I am about to do a new thing;
    now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert" (Isaiah 43:19).
 
Everyone's ready for Your "new thing," Lord. Everyone's ready for it to "spring forth." 
 
Many moments of the past year seemed like "wilderness" and "desert" as we endured challenges we didn't expect and disappointments we didn't foresee. But at the same time, You were right there with us through it all, redeeming it all and reminding us all that You are faithful to bring us through every "wilderness" and "desert" on our journey to become more like You each day.
 
Just as You promised, all You've been faithful to do in the days behind, You'll be faithful to continue to do in the days ahead:

"But now thus says the Lord,
    He who created you, O Jacob,
    He who formed you, O Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have called you by name, you are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
    Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
Because you are precious in My sight,
    and honored, and I love you,
I give people in return for you,
    nations in exchange for your life.
Do not fear, for I AM with you! ..." (Isaiah 43:1-5)
 
So as I look to You first in these first moments of this New Year, I am excited and expectant to look and see all You have for me, all You are within me, and all I will become in You. Whatever "wilderness" we go through or "desert" we cross, whatever "waters" or "rivers" or "fires" that may be ahead on this journey, You'll be with me (v. 5). You'll be honoring me and loving me, walking right alongside me (v. 4). You'll be redeeming it all for me because You've called me by name and I am Yours (v. 1).
 
This is our inheritance in You as sons and daughters of God -- "everyone who is called by (Your) name, whom (You) created for (Your) glory, whom (You) formed and made" (v. 7). This New Year, as we go forward in faith and overcome in grace, You're making us more like You, teaching us to rely completely upon You as Lord and Savior of all, displaying Your glory through us as Your witnesses in our world:
 
"You are My witnesses, says the Lord,
    and My servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe Me
    and understand that I AM He.
Before Me no god was formed,
    nor shall there be any after Me.
I, I AM the Lord,
    and besides Me there is no Savior" (v. 10-11)
 
Mighty Savior, Everlasting God, come display Your glory through our lives this New Year! You'll be with us! You'll be at work within us to make us more like You! All as You're rising and shining through us as Your witness in our world! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be filled with expectant faith for this New Year, trusting in the Faithful One who will be with you and at work within you to display His glory through your life, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. And I continue to join with you in prayer for our nation through these challenging times. God bless you, my friend! 

 

God bless You and Prepare You to Advance in His Power and His Favor into This New Year!

Friends, please consider becoming a monthly partner with us in ministry to being this New Year!

Praying you find our ministry to be good soil 
to sow your seed to advance the Kingdom of God 
in our world!


God bless you abundantly this New Year!


Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: