Monday, January 11, 2021

Our "Strong Tower" where We Are Safe - January 11, 2021

 Morning by Morning, January 11 - Our "Strong Tower" where We Are Safe

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Rock and my Refuge, my Savior and Strong Tower. ...

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
    the righteous run into it and are safe" (Proverbs 18:10).
 
In both humility and faith, in both the deepest intimacy I have with You as a child of God and in the fear of the Lord as a bond-servant of the Most High God, I draw near to You in worship and prayer, in confidence and trust -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. Your name is my strong tower. Your embrace is what keeps me safe.
 
A strong tower withstands the onslaught. A strong tower perseveres and prevails through every battle. A strong tower does not crumble and fall, but endures to the end. And You are my Strong Tower.
 
At the same time, it's the "righteous" who run into it and are safe. ...
 
I thank You that by the blood of Jesus, by the grace of God, You have made me righteous, forgiven and free, to draw near to You. "For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Keep setting things right in me -- right with God, right with others, right within myself. Give me Your right thoughts, right desires, right words, right actions, that I "might become the righteousness of God."
 
"The name of the Lord is (my) strong tower" as the nature of the Lord is formed in my heart.
 
So I "run into it" -- not holding back, not holding out. No surrender and no retreat. Pressing in and praying through, as You make me more like You.
 
From this Strong Tower of Your name, Your nature, Your righteousness being formed in my spirit and soul and body, in all my mind and heart and soul and strength, in every dimension of my being, seeking to be fully surrendered to You and every Dimension of Your Being, I am safe. I am secure. I will stand firm and overcome and endure to the end, no matter what comes, by the power of Your grace at work within me.
 
And now is the time to stand firm. Now is the time to keep the faith. Now is the time to hold fast to our trust in You and Your word and Your will in all that affects our lives. No shrinking back. No surrender. No retreat. We don't run away from the fight, but run into the Strong Tower who sets things right. 
 
Blessed be the name of the Lord. Blessed be those who call upon His name and allow Him to form His righteous nature in their hearts. And blessed be the nation whose God is the Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be safe and secure in the Strong Tower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ -- pressing in and praying through, enduring to the end in His righteousness formed in you, with no surrender and no retreat, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. And I continue to join with you in prayer for our nation through these challenging times. God bless you, my friend! 

  
Standing with you and keeping the faith,
in our hearts and in our land.
Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: