Tuesday, January 19, 2021

"Is There Not a Cause!" - January 19, 2020

 Morning by Morning, January 19 - "Is There Not a Cause!"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart with Yours, my mind with Yours, my words with Yours, as You make me more like You today (Romans 8:29). For as You are, so am I to be in this world (1 John 4:17). ...
 
What stirs in my spirit as I come into the communion of prayer with You this morning -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- is the stirring of this question. But's it's not really stirring as a question. It's more like a battle cry, like a fire in my belly and flames in my spirit:
 
"Is there not a cause?" ... "Is there not a cause!" ...
 
"Is there not a cause worth fighting for! Worth dying for! Worth living for! Worth laying down my life for, worth taking my stand for, worthy pressing in and praying through for, without ever backing off or giving up for!" ...
 
What comes to mind, with the eyes of my heart, is David standing before the armies of Israel in the face of the battle against Goliath. David was full of faith and full of passion for the Lord and the honor of Your name. But his elder brother tried to shut down his faith, question his heart, and silence his voice, accusing him that he had only come to watch and not fight in this great battle in the history of his nation (1 Samuel 17:1-28).
 
But David would have none of it. David would not yield. In his heart was no surrender, no retreat before those who had defied "the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel" (v. 45). And he couldn't understand the heart and mind of those who would. So he spoke those very words in reply to the accusation and challenge of his elder brother:
 
"Is there not a cause?" (v. 29 NJKV)
 
And I believe Your Spirit is speaking that question in the hearts of Your people who are called by Your name at such a time as this in the history of our nation: "Is there not a cause?" 
 
Is there not a cause for standing up and speaking out for the rights of the unborn? For the freedom of speech? For the freedom of expression of religious liberty and faith-filled conviction? For the authority of Scripture? For the right to give voice to the values we hold according the convictions of our conscience as we are led by Your Sprit? For the sanctity of marriage and identity of gender as defined and determined by God? For the advancement of the Kingdom of God in the love and power of God for the sake of Christ from the shores of this land to the ends of the earth? For the fulfillment of our God-given identity, destiny and redemptive purposes of our Creator and Redeemer in our hearts and in our land?
 
Is there not a cause? ... Is there not a cause! ...
 
Yes, there is a cause! And Christ is my cause!
 
"The cause of Christ" is worth all that I have and all that I am (Philippians 1:13). "The cause of Christ" is worth all I may face and all I may endure to stand firm to the end in all He has put in my heart to pray and proclaim, to live out and express, to insist upon no matter what I come against or what comes against me (Philemon 1:23). "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes!" (Romans 1:16)
 
So come, Holy Spirit. Fill me with "the Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9). Give me "the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16). Put the desires of Christ in my heart, the mind of Christ in my mind, the words of Christ in my mouth, and the cause of Christ in my spirit. "For as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17) 
 
"Is there not a cause?" ... Yes, there is a Cause! And Christ is my Cause worth fighting for! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be empowered by the Holy Spirit to stand firm for the sake of Christ for the cause He has put in your heart, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


 Standing firm with you in faith,
in our hearts and in our land.


2021 Hope and Healing Conference and Ministry at Moore Than Enough Ministries Worship Center in Ohio This Past Weekend.

Friends, thank you so much for all your prayers for us during our ministry trip to Ohio this weekend at Grafton United Methodist Church outside St. Paris and with our good friends Pastors David and Linda Moore at More Than Enough Ministries' Worship Center in Sidney! Such hunger for God and passion for Jesus! We saw and heard many testimonies already of healing and deliverance, physical miracles and emotional breakthrough, all with a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit and the fanning of the flames of a holy Fire that will not be quenched! Much powerful prayer and intercession for our nation and for this movement! We're praising God for all He has done and all He is doing! Praying the same for you! Rocio and I are so grateful for your prayers for us!




Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: