Thursday, February 25, 2021

Discerning by "Peace" - February 25, 2021

Morning by Morning, February 25 - Discerning by "Peace"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're the Peace that surpasses all understanding. So I welcome You and Your peace here in my heart and mind and every moment of my day. ...
 
"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all" (2 Thessalonians 3:16).
 
Your peace is such a discerning factor to help guide my steps along this journey of the adventure of faith. Through the years You've given me some steps to follow in seeking discernment -- whether I'm seeking to discern Your voice in my heart, a choice to make by the guidance of Your Holy Spirit, a prophetic word someone else is sharing with me or the body of Christ or one I sensing a leading to share with someone else, or a teaching, or a doctrine, or anything else where I need to know what is right and true or wrong and false:
 
My Five Key Steps of Discernment:
 
1. Does it conform to the written Word of God?
2. Does it conform to the character of God?
3. Does it bear witness with my spirit?
4. Does it bear witness to the council of others I trust?
5. What is the fruit?
 
The sense of "peace" is a key factor in each of these steps of discernment, but especially in number three -- "Does it bear witness with my spirit?"
 
Over the past week, I've really been struggling with a significant decision to make. As always, I started in prayer, alone and with my wife. Where I sensed it was ok, I took some initial testing steps of action, while continuing to take my discernment steps. But as I couldn't sense the complete peace I longed to sense as a firm confirmation for such a significant decision, I finally said "no" to the opportunity. And went to bed. This morning, I praise You that I have such a deep sense of Your peace in my spirit!
 
We can all "miss it" when we seek Your guidance, because it's so easy for other things to confuse us, distract us, or otherwise get in the way. But I believe it's truly a "win-win" situation if we will first take time to humble ourselves in Your sight, to seek the leading of Your Spirit, and seek to "discern what is the will of God -- what is good and acceptable and perfect" (Romans 12:2).
 
Once we start in humility before You, if we "get it right," You'll confirm it. Even if we "get it wrong," You'll correct us and redeem our mistakes and even lead us back to the place where we stepped off the Your path of Your will to get us back on the right path again. That's just a working out of Your mercy and grace that we have in You as children of God and disciples of Jesus Christ. That's just a working out of one of my favorite life Scriptures that gets me through so much, on my journey of faith:
 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,  
    His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).
 
In Your steadfast love and Your tender mercies that never come to an end, I always manage to find Your peace -- all by Your mercy and grace for me that's new every morning!
 
So morning by morning -- heart to heart, deep to deep, one step at a time -- I continue my journey with You -- full of Your peace and full of expectant faith to look and see what You will do! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be filled with the One who is your perfect Peace, as you seek to discern the will of God for your life each -- morning by morning, and step by step, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:
Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: