Friday, February 26, 2021

"Work of Faith" and "Labor of Love" from a "Steadfastness of Hope" - February 26, 2021

 Morning by Morning, February 26 - "Work of Faith" and "Labor of Love" from a "Steadfastness of Hope"

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, come rule and reign in my heart and life today. ... 

"We always give thanks to God for all of you and mention you in our prayers, constantly remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 1:2-3). 

When we have a "steadfastness of hope" in You, our "work of faith" is a "labor of love." Everything we do flows out of who we are. And everything we do in love is an expression of who You are in us. And all that has to begin with a heart full of hope, grounded in faith, trusting in You. 

Fill my heart with hope today, Lord. Let my hope be steadfast, unshakeable, certain and sure in You alone, that my work of faith and labor of love may bring You glory. There's such a deeply interwoven relationship between my hope and my faith. "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). 

Faith is a confidence and conviction in what I hope for but don't yet see, what I long for but don't yet experience. So fill my heart with Your hopes, Your desires, Your will and Your plans in my life and through my life. Then as I work and labor in hope and love, I will be found faithful to You. For just as there is a deeply interwoven relationship between my hope and my faith, so there is a deeply interwoven relationship between my love and labor of obedience to You and Your will. You've taught us to trust and obey, to love and obey: 

"Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.... If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.... They who have My commandments and keep them are those who love Me; and those who love Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love them and reveal Myself to them.... Those who love Me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word of that you hear is not Mine, but is from the Father who sent Me.... The Advocate, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.... Rise, let us be on our way" (John 14:12-31). 

Steadfast in hope, confident in faith, trusting and obeying by the power of Your Holy Spirit stirring in me, I rise today from my time of prayer to be on my way in this labor of love and work of faith. May I be found faithful -- as best I can and all by Your grace, secure in Your love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be steadfast in your hope and faith in your work of faith as a labor of love, bring glory to God in all you are and all you do, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:
Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: