Tuesday, February 23, 2021

"In Abiding You Will be Thriving" and "Abounding" - February 23, 2021

 Morning by Morning, February 23 - "In Abiding You Will be Thriving" and "Abounding"

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. In a world that desperately needs Jesus, I desperately need You too -- here in every part of my heart and mind and soul and strength, here in this morning time and every moment of my day. ... 

"'I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. He removes every branch in Me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit He prunes to make it bear more fruit. You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in Me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me.  

I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in Me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in Me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become My disciples" (John 15:1-8). 

By Your mercy and grace, I'm never apart and never alone. You're with me "always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20). 

And at the same time, there's more. You not only want to be with me, You want to abide within me. You want me to abide within You. And it's only by abiding in You and allowing You to abide within me that my life can "bear much fruit" as one of Your "disciples." So it's so important to know how to "abide" and to grow in my capacity to "abide." 

I believe I hear Your voice speaking into my heart right now: "It's in abiding that you will be thriving.... It's in abiding that you will be abounding.... It's in abiding that you will bear much fruit that displays My glory through your life that My Father may be glorified in you." ... 

Yes, Lord. Let me never settle for anything less than all You desire for me. More than merely being "with" You and acknowledging that You're always "with" me, I want more. More of You. More of You "abiding" in me. More of me "abiding" in You. 

This is why I desperately need more of Your Spirit, more of Your Abiding Presence, here in my heart and mind and soul and strength -- empowering me to be abiding within You and You within me. As You said to Your first disciples, so You continue to say to all Your disciples: 

"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you... Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you" (John 14:15-20). 

Holy Spirit -- Spirit of the Living God, Spirit of Christ within me -- come abide in me. Come manifest the Abiding Presence of Christ in me. Come empower me to be bear much fruit that my Father may be gloried through my life. More of You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- abiding in of more me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you abide and thrive and abound in Christ to the glory of our Father, as the Holy Spirit of the Living God, the Abiding Presence of Christ, abides and abounds within you, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Pakistan Evangelism Ministry this past Weekend!
Friends, I'm excited to share this praise report I just received from Pastor Rizwan Fazal after our outdoor evangelistic meeting through our Skype Internet Ministry in Pakistan this weekend:  "Thanks very much to share Powerful Word of God with people of Pakistan. Thanks Lord 248 Souls are Saved and 23 Persons are Healed." Praise God!! All glory to Him!!

We thank you so much for all your encouragement, prayers, and support that make this ministry possible! God bless you!




Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257


Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: