Wednesday, December 08, 2021

“The Good Fight” of the True Faith - December 8, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, December 8 - “The Good Fight” of the True Faith

Good morning, Lord Jesus.  Fill me with Your Spirit. Seal me with Your grace. Lead me in Your ways -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...

“You must understand this, that in the last days distressing times will come. For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, brutes, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the outward form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid them! For among them are those who make their way into households and captivate silly women, overwhelmed by their sins and swayed by all kinds of desires, who are always being instructed and can never arrive at a knowledge of the truth. As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these people, of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith, also oppose the truth. But they will not make much progress, because, as in the case of those two men, their folly will become plain to everyone” (2 Timothy 3:1-9).

In these last days and distressing times, strengthen my faith. Give me courage to keep fighting the good fight of the true faith to stand against “counterfeit faith” that opposes the truth of Your Word and denies the power of Your Spirit. Give me discernment to recognize the vanity and hypocrisy of the fake projections of an “outward form of godliness” that’s empty inside, swollen with conceit, bombastic in arrogant ignorance, abusive slander, and ungrateful of the goodness of God. Instead, give me a grace to be a greater lover for God and Your Word rather than merely a lover of myself and loving to hear my own words.

Convict me and lead me to repentance everywhere this spirit of the age has gotten a grip in my soul. Deliver me from that evil. Crucify me in that flesh. Shake that silliness off of my mind and cleanse those defilements off my spirit. Free me from a corrupt mind and that opposes the truth, always pretending to be instructed but never really arriving at the truth.

When You spoke these warnings by Your Spirit through the Apostle Paul to his spiritual son Timothy at the very end of Paul’s life, You were encouraging us all to stand firm, despite the increase of the onslaught of attacks against our faith in Your Word, saying:

“Indeed, all who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. But wicked people and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it, and how from childhood you have known the Sacred Writings that are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work” (v. 12-17).

Teach me. Reprove me. Correct me. Train me. I know I don’t have it all figured out. But on my journey to seek and know the truth, keep reminding me and refocusing me on this eternal and infallible truth -- You are the Truth and You are the One Truth worth fighting for as You give me the grace to keep fighting “the fight of the faith” (1 Timothy 6:12). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled with fresh courage and confident faith to fight the good fight of the true faith, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Please Keep us in Prayer for These 
Messiah Ministries Events

Watch our Weekly Episodes of Healing From the Inside Out on our Messiah Ministries YouTube Channel:
More Episodes being added each week! Please share it with anyone who needs to encounter the Healing Love of God!

Pakistan Ministry Praise Report from our December Meeting!

Praise Report received from our ministry partner in Pakistan, Pastor Rizwan Fazal and his wife Mehwish for our December 2021 outdoor evangelistic meeting through our Skype Internet Ministry:

“Thank the Lord 298 Souls are Saved, 17 Persons are Healed!
One Man started to hear from his right ear.
One Woman had tumor into her throat but she's healed through your prayer. 
One Woman had joint problems but she is feeling well now.
One Person had difficulty to walk from last 6 years accident but now he can walk properly.” We Praise God!!!

These new believers will taken into house churches with pastor in relationship with Pastor Rizwan for discipleship and growing in Christian community in Pakistan. Praise the Lord!

Praise God! Thank you so much for your prayers that make this ministry possible!

December 16-18
Attending School of the Prophets at MorningStar Ministries at Fort Mill, South Carolina (One weekend each month).

January 27 to February 8, 2022
Ministry in Morelia, Mexico
Including 2 Freedom Encounter Weekends being planned
Also, I'm thrilled to be speaking with a City-wide Pastors and Leaders Gathering in Morelia, with my wife Rocio translating in Spanish.

June 17-18
Leading a Spiritual Retreat with South Texas Aglow Leadership at South Padre Island.

Freedom Equipping Class every week as part of the discipleshipplan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Monday Afternoons (1:30 - 3:30)
Tuesday Nights (6:00 - 8:00)

Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

Sign up Here for this Free Video Series for Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Christ: