Friday, January 12, 2024

To Be a Disciple of Jesus - January 12, 2024

 

Morning by Morning, January 12 - To Be a Disciple of Jesus

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You take the lead, as I wait and listen here in the embrace of Your Presence. ...

 

“Then He said to them all, ‘If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels’” (Luke 9:23-26).

 

You said to Your first disciples the same thing You say to all who would be Your disciples. For those who would follow in Your steps, there would be three steps:

 

1. “Deny himself;”

2. “Take up his cross daily;” and

3. “Follow Me.”

 

That’s not what it takes to be saved -- salvation is by grace through faith in You (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8; Romans 10:9). But that is what it takes to be Your disciple, by Your very Words.

 

So by the power of Your grace -- morning by morning, day by day, moment by moment, step by step -- help me make these choices.

 

Give me grace to “deny (myself)” -- to put You first, to surrender to Your plans for my life, to submit to Your will rather than insisting on my own, to allow You to form Your thoughts in my mind, Your desires in my heart, put Your words in my mouth, as I yield my life to Your life within me, so that I can say, “(I) have died, and (my) life is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:1).

 

Give me grace to “take up (my) cross daily” -- thanking You for all You’ve done for me that I could never do for myself, but then also actively embracing Your crucifixion of my flesh, pruning the branches that bear no fruit, stripping away the things in me that are not yet like You, as You daily sanctify my soul in my mind, will, and emotions to make me more like You each day so that I can say, “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

 

Give me grace to “follow (You) -- taking time with You from my first moments of the morning and then throughout all the moments of my day to pursue Your Presence, to listen for Your leading, to yield to Your direction and Your correction, to hear the voice of Your Spirit saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” to embrace the fear of the Lord rather than the fear of man in making my choices and taking my stands and expressing my heart that’s been filled with Your Spirit, speaking the truth in love, not just truth and not just love, but speaking the truth in love, so that I can say, I “abide in (You), and (You) abide in (me)” (John 15:4).

 

As Your disciples, we are to follow in Your steps every day -- not just the first step, not just the first day of a one-time choice that gave us salvation, but an every day journey to leads to our total transformation into Your character, that You can trust us with Your authority to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19). “For to this (we) have been called, because Christ also suffered for (us), leaving (us) an Example, so that (we) might follow in His steps” (1 Peter 2:21).

 

Embracing the power of Your grace at work within me, I choose to be Your disciple this day and may I keep choosing every day to deny myself, to take up my cross daily, and to follow You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you embrace the power of God's grace at work within you to choose to be a disciple of Jesus as you walk in His steps every day, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

--Free to Be Like Jesus--

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


January 13

Speaking at Canyon Lake, Texas Aglow Ministries Gathering. Guests are welcome! Come Holy Spirit!

Cherie Horak jesuslovescherie@gmail.com


January 20

Speaking at Bastrop, Texas Aglow Ministries Lighthouse Launch. Join us for this New Beginning!

https://allevents.in/bastrop/bastrop-county-aglow-lighthouse-launch/10000770644938757


January 22-30

Ministry in Morelia and Uruapan, Mexico with our Ministry Partner there, Pastor Fernando Tovar at the Morelia House of Prayer and Rey de Reyes Iglesia Christiana


February 4

Teaching Sunday Morning Class at Bridge Church on Overview of Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Jesus. 10:30 AM All are Welcome!


February 5-28

Ministry in Bengaluru, India with Pastors Samuel and Pramila Jeyaraj at Jubilee Revival Worship Center. Also ministry in Andhra Pradesh Pastor's Meeting, Crusades, Leper Colony Ministry with Bishop Paul Piridi. Also ministry in Hyderabad Pastor and Leader's Conference on Inner Healing, Children's Home with Pastor Ebby.


March 8-10

Leading a Free to Be Like Jesus Conference at the House of Prayer in Montpelier, Ohio


Contact Me for a Conference or Retreat in Your Church or Community: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org


March 22-24

Speaking at the Greater Things Conference at Mo Ranch for the Central Texas Area Annual Retreat for Aglow International Ministries


March or April

Our ministry trip to Pakistan with our ministry partners there is being postponed for now.


May 31-June 2

MorningStar Online Connect Group Retreat at Moravian Falls, NC


June 5-7

MorningStar Fellowship of Ministries Retreat at Fort Mill, SC


Tuesday Nights at 6PM

Teaching our 9 Month Equipping Course on Tuesday Nights at 6PM at The Bridge Church, Fredericksburg, Texas based on my books Free to Be Like Jesus! and First the Spirit.

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays