Tuesday, February 21, 2006

God of My Breakthrough 2-21-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the song says, "You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all." ... Lord, all around me people are crying out -- some in praise and thanksgiving, excitement and anticipation, and others in sickness and pain, discouragement and despair. It's as if the enemy of our souls senses an advance of the kingdom of heaven in the hearts of Your people and is unleashing a preemptive strike from the pit of hell. Many are gravely concerned for our governor, Ernie Fletcher, weary and weakened by unrelenting fevers and a raging infection of e coli. It seems to speak of an attack of sickness and disease against our spirits and souls and bodies at every level of our relationships in our region and throughout the earth in this hour. We cry out to You for healing and deliverance, for courage and strength, to preserve in faith through every challenge. Through many tribulations, we enter in to the promises of the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22). Lift our eyes to You to, as we are strengthened and empowered by the resolve of Your gaze. Send the fire of Your Spirit to consume the fevers of infection and disease. Send the water of Your Word to replenish our souls with the peace of Your presence. Draw our focus off of our troubles and awaken our hearts to fix our gaze on the One who delivers our lives from every pit of destruction and despair, sickness and disease, confusion and discouragement. Remind us of Your Word, for Your Word reveals Your will; and Your will for us is good: "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all His benefits -- who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good as long as you live, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's" (Psalm 103:1-5). As I look to You, for myself and for others, let me be honest with my pain, but also honest with Your power. Your power is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). I hear a song of Your Spirit rising up to lift my spirit and heart, as I entrust every burden to You: Blessed are You, Lord When all around me is pain. Blessed are You, Lord When I'm weary and I'm drained. Blessed are You, Lord When I call upon Your name. Blessed are You, Lord For You are always the same. I need You now And I need Your power I need You to come breaking through Won't You hear me now In this very hour You're the God of my breakthrough Blessed are You, Lord When the enemy comes in like a flood. Blessed are You, Lord For the Living Waters and the Blood. Blessed are You, Lord When all around me seems to give way Blessed ware You, Lord You're my hope and You're my stay. I need You now And I need Your power I need You to come breaking through Won't You hear me now In this very hour You're the God of my breakthrough. Yes, Lord. You are. Give me faith to believe it and perseverance to keep pressing through in prayer and praise until I see it -- in my life and in the lives of those You have put on my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Praying Friends, let's stand together in prayer and praise for God's breakthroughs in one another's lives and in the lives of those we love through the ministry of intercession. These challenges will become opportunities to advance in to the promises of the kingdom of God this year if we will not lose heart, but keep entrusting our hearts to the Lord. To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com