Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Knowing Father, Son, and Holy Spirit 2-28-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. You are One, yet You reveal Yourself and manifest Yourself in these three interwoven dimensions of Your Being. I want to know You more fully in every dimension. You are my Redeemer, my Creator, my Sustainer. You are my God, my King, and my Best Friend. I want to fear You and follow You. I want to worship You and adore You. And I welcome You here in my heart and in every dimension of my being again today. ... Your heart breaks when I suffer or when I sin, as a father's heart breaks for his son or daughter when he sees the pain or shame of their struggles. You are my Father and I am Your son. "For in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith" (Galatians 3:26). You know my temptations and my sufferings, because You faced them all for me as You humbled Yourself to be both Son of God and Son of Man. You walk along side me as an elder Brother, having laid down Your life for me in a sacrifice of love I cannot fully imagine or understand on this side of heaven. "For the One who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one Father. For this reason, Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.... Therefore He had to become like His brothers and sisters in every respect, so that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the people. Because He Himself was tested by what He suffered, He is able to help those who are being tested" (Hebrews 2:11-18). You never leave me nor forsake me. The very moment I experience anguish or joy, temptation or triumph, You immediately experience it with me as well because You live here within me by Your Holy Spirit. I an amazing mystery humans minds can't fully comprehend, the God of all creation has descended to live in my heart and in the hearts of all who believe and entrust their lives to You. "But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Any one who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness" (Romans 8:9-10). You are my Father and my Brother and You have come to make Your home in my heart by Your Spirit. Let me live my more fully aware of the intimacy of Your presence in the moments of my day. Let it bring the fear of God upon me when I'm tempted to sin and let it bring the comfort of God upon me when I'm wounded by the sins of others. What could be better than the amazing peace and joy of Your constant presence in all the challenges and celebrations of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com