Saturday, February 04, 2006

Friend of God 2-4-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close to You, as I watch and wait with anticipation in the silence of surrender. ... "You are My friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made know to you everything that I have heard from My Father" (John 15:14-15). This personal relationship with You is one of both intimacy and obedience. You call me friend, while You also call me to obedience. You make known to me the depths of the nature and will of my Father, for You and the Father and the Spirit are One, but this is for the purpose of both intimacy and obedience. As You dwell in my heart, You shape my will, and direct my actions. You immerse me in Your nature so that in the fullness of our friendship, Your nature becomes my nature. It is by yielding to Your will as Master that You draw me to Your side as friend. Give me the humility to obey and the courage to come. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com