Sunday, February 05, 2006

Delivered for Worship 2-5-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bow my head before You in prayer and lift my heart to You in praise. ... "Then the Lord said, 'I have observed the misery of My people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters. Indeed, I know their sufferings, and I have come down to deliver them from the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey...' " (Exodus 3:7-8). Father, You have observed our misery and You know our sufferings. You hear our cries for deliverance. As You sent Moses to deliver the Hebrew people from the hand of Pharaoh, so You have sent Your Son to deliver us from the oppression of the enemy of our souls. As You confirmed Your word of deliverance to Moses, so You confirm Your word of deliverance to us, saying, "I will be with you; and this shall be a sign for you that it is I who sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God on this mountain" (Exodus 3:12). We are delivered for worship. Our enemy knows that hearts that are weary and oppressed are too heavy to be lifted up in worship and praise. So he brings every form of misery and suffering to crush our spirits and steal our joy. But You are with us to bind up the brokenhearted and set the captives free. "The Lord is near to brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18). Hearts that are set free are free to worship. Lord, set me free to worship You. Cast off every spirit of heaviness and cloak me with the garments of praise (Isaiah 61:3). This is the purpose of deliverance -- to "worship God" (Exodus 3:12). This is what our enemy hates and fears the most -- hearts set free from the chains of oppression and filled with the praise of worship for You. Bring me out of Egypt and into the good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey of worship and praise from a heart that is free. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com