Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Eternal in the Heavens" 10-8-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before the thoughts of the day come racing into my mind, I come racing to You to focus my first thoughts of a new day on You alone. ... "For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling" (2 Corinthians 5:1-2). Though I live out my life on earth in my earthly body, at the same time I have a heavenly body which is "eternal in the heavens." Today -- like all days past, present, and future -- is included in eternity. One day my faith will become sight, and my eyes will be opened to fully see the substance of all the reality of Your creation. But for now, I engage that eternal dimension of my being through the communion of prayer, as my human spirit seeks Your Holy Spirit. I long to encounter and experience Your presence, because You've placed that desire in my heart to be near to Your heart. In this earthly dimension, I groan and long for the heavenly dimension of Your eternity, never satisfied and never fulfilled with anything less. And that's how You created me -- to never be satisfied and never be fulfilled apart from You. Thank You for the gift of longing to be who You created me to be throughout eternity. Thank You for "the hope of eternal life that God, who never lies, promised before the ages began" (Titus 1:2). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com