Saturday, February 10, 2007

This Slight Momentary Affliction 2-10-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You increase, as I decrease. Let me be filled up with You, as I am emptied of myself. You lead, as I follow. You speak, as I listen. ... "For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen in temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). This "slight momentary affliction" is my life on earth. It is the unending series of choices that make up the moments of my day, every day of my life, as I continually choose selfishness or selflessness, rebellion or obedience, taking or giving, pride or humility. Every choice is an opportunity to grow up in Christ -- or not; to be matured in faith -- or not; to be sanctified in spirit, soul, and body -- or not. These are Your means of preparing for me to display Your glory through my life, now and forever. "They will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display His glory" (Isaiah 61:3). In the struggles of the day and the tyranny of the moment, I can become absorbed in what is seen, rather than what is unseen, in what is temporary, rather than what is eternal. But help me keep looking beyond natural realm into the spiritual realm -- not blinded to realities of today, but fully aware of the realities of eternity. As I keep my hope and focus on the things to come, I will not become discouraged and mired in the things that are. "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14). Day by day, You desire to fulfill Your heavenly call in me, to conform me to the nature of Christ (Romans 8:29). This is the "eternal weight of glory beyond all measure." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the name of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you would like to hear more of my perspective on these matters, you might consider ordering my teaching "Preparing the Way of the Lord" in dvd or cd from the order page our web-site: www.messiah-ministries.org To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com