Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Times and Seasons 2-21-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You and wait for You. Lead me by Your still, small voice. ... "The Lord said to Abraham, 'Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?' Is anything too wonderful for the Lord? At the set time I will return to you, in due season, and Sarah will have a son' " (Genesis 18:13-14). O Lord, there are set times and due seasons according to Your promises and Your plans. I need discernment to see the times and wisdom to recognize the seasons. Give me patience when it is time to wait for the fulfillment of Your promises. Give me courage when it is the season to engage in the unfolding of Your plans. There is a time for sowing and a time for reaping, a season for persevering in prayer and a season for the harvest of the promises. "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). Nothing is too wonderful for You. Forgive me for doubting the wisdom of Your timing and for failing to recognize the purpose of Your seasons. Peace comes, no matter the times or seasons, when I simply trust the nature and power of Your love for me. As we say in the Serenity Prayer, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, our new dvd's and cd's are available now for distribution from my recent conference: "From Brokenness to Breakthrough -- healing from grief, sorrow, trauma, and pain in a broken world." Please let us know if you would like to order one for yourself, a friend, or a study group. ($20, plus shipping; discounts available when necessary so that these are available to everyone). To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com