Sunday, February 11, 2007

Trees of Life 2-11-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of the kingdom of God. Come rule and reign in my heart and life today. ... "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.... For in Him the whole fullness of Deity dwells bodily, and you have come to fullness in Him, who is the head of every ruler and authority" (Colossians 2:6-10). My life is like a tree and You are like the good soil in which I am planted. The more deeply I am rooted in You, the more I can be built up in You. I want to "come to fullness" as my roots grow deep in Your words of truth and life, while my branches stretch high in thanksgiving and praise. Let my life bear fruit for Your kingdom and Your glory. "You have heard of this hope before in the word of truth, the gospel that has come to you. Just as it is bearing fruit and growing in the whole world, so it has been bearing fruit among yourselves from the day you heard it and truly comprehended the grace of God" (v. 1:5-6). And I am not planted alone. You have established me in the faith as part of an orchard of many trees bearing many different kinds of fruit. Some are just saplings and others have grown into great maturity, being nurtured and strengthened through every season in accordance with Your purpose and plan. Together, You prune us and empower us to "live lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as you grow in the knowledge of God" (v. 1:10). You are the Tree of Life, and as we live in You and You live in us, we become trees of Your life. Keep nurturing me, keep pruning me, keep growing me into maturity, as I come to fullness in You in the orchard of Your kingdom to display Your glory. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night 2/16 -- the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Spread the word and bring a friend, if you can. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com .