Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Powerful, Effective Prayers 2-28-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill my spirit with Your Spirit. Fill my words with Your words and my prayers with Yours. ... "The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective. Elijah was a human being like us, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain and the earth yielded its harvest" (James 5:16-18). Apart from You, I have no righteousness. But through the mercy of Your grace and the cleansing of Your blood, You have given me a righteousness "that comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith (Philippians 3:9). Through that righteousness of relationship with You, You want to move in my spirit to pray in the power of Your name, which is to pray in the power of Your nature, according to Your will and Your ways. Those prayers are "powerful and effective" -- a means of Your grace to release Your will and establish Your kingdom through Your people in prayer "on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Lord, teach me to pray like that -- faithfully, fervently, powerfully, effectively. Bring me more deeply each day into a relationship with You like that, so that I sense the leading of Your Spirit to pray in accordance with the desires of Your will in the authority of Your name. Then my prayers will be powerful because they are backed by the power of God. Then my prayers will be effective because they accomplish the purposes of God. Then my prayers will be faithful and fervent because they are empowered and impassioned by the Spirit of God. These are the prayers that move heaven and earth because they move the heart of God. And they move Your heart because they are from Your heart to mine in the righteousness of relationship with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, Doris & Bob McCray, board members of Messiah Ministries, will be leading a weekly Meeting to Pray for Israel on Monday nights, starting Monday, March 5th @ 7 p.m. These prayer gatherings will meet in the Community Room, upstairs at First Southern Bank, 3060 Harrodsburg Road (Corporate Center) in Lexington, Kentucky. Come join us if you can and pray along with us if you can't. Please spread the word. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com