Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Mercy Seat 2-7-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bow before You, love and adore You. As Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, You are my Lord and my God; You are my Father, my Savior, and my Best Friend. Now, in the way You are teaching me, I wait in the silence of surrender for the leading of Your Spirit, focused on You alone, as You draw me into Your presence through the blood of the Lamb. ... "But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which He has loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ -- by grace you have been saved -- and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-7). By the great love and kindness of Your mercy and grace, I am already seated with Christ in the heavenly dimension of the spiritual realm, even though, at the same time, I am also seated here in this earthly dimension of the physical realm. I am grounded on earth, but I am also soaring in heaven. Time is unfolding day by day in this earthly dimension of time and space, but time has already unfolded in the heavenly dimension of eternity where You hold all time and space present in Your hands and see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. By Your Holy Spirit, You are in me and I am in You (John 14:20). Somehow by the mercy of Your grace and the mystery of faith, You are seated here with me on earth and I am seated with You in heaven -- I am "alive together with Christ" (v. 2:5). "For thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with those who are contrite and humble in spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite" (Isaiah 57:15). Holy Lord, teach me how to live my life with my feet grounded in this world and with eternity soaring in my heart. Help me humbly know my place on earth and faithfully receive my place in heaven. My seat in Christ "in the heavenly places" is "the mercy seat," because it is only by Your mercy and grace that I am seated there in You and You are seated here in me. Of this seat of mercy, now fulfilled in Christ, You have promised: "There I will meet with you" (Exodus 25:22). Thank You, Lord, for humbling Yourself to meet with me and lifting me up in Your presence by Your grace to meet with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794