Monday, August 13, 2007

"Above All ... Love" 8-13-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Consume me. ... "Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony" (Colossians 3:14). "Above all" is a strong command of priority. Your Word doesn't say "above all, clothe yourselves with forgiveness," or "good deeds," or "a servant's heart," or any other of the many significant and necessary attributes of Christ-likeness. In fact, the verses just before this command list many of those godly attributes You call us to live out, saying, "clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience" (v 3:12). But love is the priority "above all." Just the other day, I was thinking that my morning prayers are filled with too many thoughts and words about love. I was thinking it doesn't seem manly enough or strong enough, that maybe I only need to write and pray about the cross, and the blood, and the power of God. But You quickly broke through these thoughts from Satan. I am not to try to create You in my own image or clothe myself with any image I feel more comfortable in projecting to You in my prayers and to others who read them. You are who You are. And You are Love (1 John 4:8). If I am to be clothed with Christ and allow You to conform me to Christ-likeness -- the purpose of my existence for these moments on earth -- then I will embrace and exude Your love and Your loving nature more and more every day. After all, Your love is the very source of everything else, including the cross, the blood, and the power of God. So if I am filled with Your Spirit, as I pray every day, I must be filled with Your love. My words, my prayers, my actions, my life will manifest the Spirit of the One I worship and welcome to have priority in my life. So, this day and every day, I choose by Your grace to clothe myself with Your love -- unashamed, unafraid, unrestrained. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com