Sunday, August 12, 2007

Spiritual Kingdom 8-12-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my soul to seek You and find You in the intimacy of prayer. ... "Jesus answered, 'Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of Spirit is spirit" (John 3:5-6). Last night we watched a movie with the kids about two friends who crossed over a creek and went into the woods to play after school every day. The woods across the water became their kingdom when they "looked hard" with their eyes to see with their imagination. Our journey with You is kind of like that, only the kingdom we seek to see with the eyes of our heart is real, not our imagination, but we have to look hard to see beyond the kingdom of the natural realm into the kingdom of the heavenly realm. We have to cross over through the water of baptism and welcome the presence of Your Spirit in the spiritual communion of worship and prayer. "God is Spirit, and those worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth" (John 4:24). The kingdom of heaven is a spiritual kingdom. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords; You are the King of this kingdom of spiritual reality beyond our natural senses, "the image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15). As I watch and wait for Your leading each day in the communion of prayer, You draw me in to the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of heaven is drawn into me. As You open the eyes of my heart to see You and worship You in spirit and truth, I become more aware of the spiritual reality of Your kingdom and Your spiritual kingdom becomes more real in me (Ephesians 1:17-19). I cross over into the spiritual place You have prepared for me, as You come and take me there as You promised, "I will come again and take you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also" (John 14:3). Here in the reality of Your spiritual kingdom, my "life is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3). Here I fixed the eyes of my heart on "things that are above, not on things that are on earth;" here, I "seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God" (v. 3:1-2). In this spiritual kingdom, "we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18). Lord, help me keep looking and keep living more and more in the eternal reality of Your spiritual kingdom, allowing the reality of Your spiritual kingdom to live more and more in me each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com