Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Embrace and Engage 8-15-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear in the spiritual realm of Your manifest presence in prayer. ... "So those who were engaged in the work labored, and the repairing of the work went forward at their hands, and they restored the house of God to its proper condition and strengthened it" (2 Chronicles 24:13). It seems I hear You say, "Embrace and engage." And these thoughts rise up in my mind from the depths of my human spirit now in the communion of prayer with Your Holy Spirit: "Embrace Me first, then engage your day. Too many engage themselves into the works of their day without first embracing Me." Yes, Lord. Draw me to You in the first moments of every morning. Draw me to You to seek Your counsel before making my decisions. Draw me to You in the silence of surrender before I begin to speak and say or even pray. Then like the cogs of a wheel of a well-oiled machine, I can be about my Father's business instead of my own business, submitted to Your plans and purposes rather than my own. My thoughts and desires will be oiled in the embrace of Your Spirit so You can engage the gears of my gifts with the gifts of others to accomplish Your will through our lives. Forgive me for the times I have engaged first, and then embraced -- or never took the time to embrace You at all. Before every battle of the armies of Israel, they were to first hear from You through Your priest before engaging their enemies in battle. "Before you engage in battle, the priest shall come forward and speak to the troops" (Deuteronomy 20:2). Now under the new covenant fulfilled in Christ, You are my High Priest (Hebrews 5:5-10). As I embrace You, I embrace the Word and will of God, entrusting my life and the works and battles of my day into Your hands so I can engage in the ministries of Your heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com