Saturday, August 18, 2007

Strength, Wisdom, and Favor 8-18-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Live Your life through my life today. ... "The Child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon Him" (Luke 2:40). As my oldest daughter Elizabeth moves into her dorm at college today, I feel many emotions. But above all, I entrust her into Your care. Many years ago Your Holy Spirit led me to craft a simple prayer to teach my children to pray as they began their day: "Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day." It was to be simple, personal, and powerful. I pray for them and all of their generation and the ones to follow. My they grew in Your grace, depend upon Your strength, be filled with Your wisdom, and be blessed by Your favor. May they know You personally in every dimension of Your Being -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- as they surrender and entrust to You every dimension of their being -- spirit, soul, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23). May they become more like You each day because they turn to You each day to welcome Your Spirit into their spirits, Your thoughts into their thoughts, and Your desires into their desires. Let Your kingdom come and Your will be done in and through their lives, as You make them more like You each day. And may this be my prayer each day as well. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com