Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Watching and Waiting for Wisdom 8-7-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead my thoughts and shape my desires, as I willingly yield them all to You. ... "Happy is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord; but those who miss me injure themselves; all who hate me love death" (Proverbs 8:34-36). I need Your wisdom, Lord. I need You, for You are "filled with wisdom" (Luke 2:40). You are Wisdom -- "Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 1:24). To find You is to find Life. And to find You and the wisdom of Your ways, I must be willing to seek You -- daily watching at Your gates, daily waiting beside Your doors, giving my mind to Your thoughts and my heart to Your desires. As I do, You promise to give of Your wisdom to all who seek it from You, "generously and ungrudgingly," if we "ask in faith" (James 1:5-7). Lord, I do ask and I do seek. By Your grace, I choose to listen for Your leading, trusting that You are forming Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, a little more each day, as I watch and wait for You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayers as I prepare messages for my ministry trip at the end of August to Estonia (one of the three Baltic Republics northwest of Russia, who declared their independence from the former Soviet Union). By God's grace, I will be the keynote speaker, preaching and teaching messages on prayer and spiritual transformation at the ministers' conference for all the Methodist ministers' in the country. Thank You for you partnership with us in ministry at home and to the nations. Your prayers, support, and encouragement make this kind of ministry possible for us. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com