Saturday, August 04, 2007

Believe, Obey, and Become 8-4-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes toward You and lay my life before You. ... "The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but must endure God's wrath" (John 3:35-36). How can I obey You unless I hear know Your words and hear Your voice. How can I know Your words unless I spend time reading them; and how can I know Your voice unless I spend time listening to it. In the seeking and the listening there grows a longing to know ever more deeply and fully the One to Whom I give such attention, such worship. As I long to become more like You, I grow in the desire to obey You, to follow You, to live my life for You. To truly believe You is to truly obey You, desiring to become more like You. We become like the One we worship (2 Corinthians 3:18). And this is life You offer all who will believe, eternal life -- mercy rather than wrath, intimacy rather than isolation, personal relationship with the One who holds my life and all things in His hands. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that everyone who believes in Him may not perish but may have eternal life" (John 3:16). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com