Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Decide and Decree 1-9-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Alpha and the Omega and Everything in between. You are Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You are my Creator, my Redeemer, and my Sustainer. You are my All in All. ... "You will decide on a matter ('decree a thing' in KJV), and it will be established for you, and light will shine on your ways" (Job 22:28). " In Your sovereignty You created us with the freedom to choose. You empower our choices and our words to direct our lives. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits" (Proverbs 18:21). "From the fruit of the mouth" we sow the seeds that will form the path before us (v. 20). Lord, sanctify my tongue and purify my words. Form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart so that what I decide and speak are decrees from heaven instead earth, from Your Spirit instead of my flesh. I seek Your wisdom to speak and walk in Your ways. "But we speak God's wisdom, secret and hidden, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him' -- these things God has revealed to us by His Spirit for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God" (1 Corinthians 2:7-10). Align my heart and my mind with Yours as I decide my path today. Anoint my words to decree Your will on earth as it is in heaven. You said, "Have faith in God. Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you" (Mark 11:22-23). Teach me how to do that by Your grace, in Your power, according to Your will, and for Your glory. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, Tonight 1/9 at 6:15, I will begin a Wednesday night teaching and equipping series on Prayer Ministry at my home church. All are welcome: www.CentenaryLex.com Our Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit January 11-12 -- "Know Our Calling, Fulfill Our Destiny" is this weekend at Church of the Savior. We'll harp and bowl prayer and intercession, prophetic insight for the coming year from many different leaders with prayer, praise, and proclamation. Please come if you can and spread the word! Write or call for details. A flyer is attached. I will be teaching an intensive short course for our School of Spiritual Ministry January 21-24 in Lexington. Also, if you are in Western Kentucky, I'll be teaching the School of Spiritual Ministry at First United Methodist Church in Madisonville Friday night and Saturday the first three weekends of February. All are welcome. Write or call for details to Marilyn Walker: 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com