Saturday, January 05, 2008

God's Glory in Me 1-5-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holy are You, Lord, and worthy of all praise. ... "And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, singing, 'Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen" (Revelation 7:11-12). We worship You for who You are. And, in the mystery of faith and the extravagance of Your love, You have chosen to release the glory of Your Presence to abide in us by Your Spirit (John 14:17 and 15:4). On earth as Son of Man, You declared to our Father, "The glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one as We are One. I in them and You in Me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me" (v. 17:22-23). Lord, help me grasp the depths of this truth. Help me set aside false humility and every mindset that won't let me fully receive and embrace what Your Word says about me. You -- in all Your glory, wisdom, honor, power, and might -- dwell in me. You arise in me; You shine through me (Isaiah 60:1). Your glory rests on me and abides in me. And that makes me different from the world and those who don't have Your glory abiding in them. And as the eyes of the world are opened to see it, they are drawn to the light of Your glory living in me (v. 60:3). It is astounding, but true, that You have given me the glory the Father gave You (John 17:22). That would seem like heresy, pride, and delusion if it were not the very words of Your mouth. So I renounce every false belief system and every lying religious spirit that says I am anything less that You say I am. Help me see myself as You see me, because that's who I am. As I do, so will the world around me. Then they will be drawn to You, the light and the glory of the One who lives in me. "Christ in me, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please come join us if you can and pray for us if you can't as we seek the Lord together for the New Year at our Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit January 11-12 -- "Know Our Calling, Fulfill Our Destiny" with many key prayer leaders, worship leaders, and intercessors from our city and region. A flyer is attached and all are welcome with free registration to come join us in prayer, praise, and proclamation. God bless you and your city this New Year! Please spread the word and come join us. If you are in our area, I will be teaching a series on Prayer Ministry on Wednesday nights starting January 9th at my home church of Centenary in Lexington. Please come join us. All are welcome. And I will be teaching an intensive short course for our School of Spiritual Ministry January 21-24 in Lexington, included on the flyer attached. If you are in Western Kentucky, I'll be teaching the School of Spiritual Ministry at First United Methodist Church in Madisonville Friday night and Saturday the first three weekends of February. Write or call for details to Marilyn Walker: 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com