Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Equipped for Ministry 1-23-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You each day, conforming my nature, my thoughts, my desires, to Your's. I have so far to go, but You are so patient and You are so persistent. ... "The gifts He gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to a unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ" (Ephesians 4:11-13). Thank You for the gifts You have given me. Help me know them and use them for You, doing my part in Your power to build up the body of Christ as we grow up to maturity in You. By the blood of the Lamb we are the saints of God. We are to equip and be equipped, taught and trained in Your Word, empowered and anointed by Your Spirit, and commissioned to the work of ministry. Let us no longer settle for drinking milk and playing with childish things, but let us grow up into the full stature of Christ we are created and destined to become, doing the works we were created and destined to do. Let us get about the business of "turning the world upside down" in our generation for Your glory (Acts 17:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org