Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"But Only Jesus" 1-30-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Simply and deliberately, I turn my thoughts and lift my worship to You. ... "Then a cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud there came a voice, 'This is My beloved Son; listen to Him!' Suddenly when they looked around, they saw no one with them anymore, but only Jesus" (Mark 9:7-8). Father, as I settle in to my prayer chair each morning, as I pull my prayer cover over my head, let the glory cloud of Your Holy Spirit overshadow me. Through the blood of the Lamb that cleanses my soul, draw me in to the holy of holies of prayer. In the surrender of silence before You, let Your voice be the only voice I hear and Your face be the only face I see -- no one else, "but only Jesus." These first moments of the morning in prayer are my mount of transfiguration. They are my daily encounter of transformation. "And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). Then throughout the moments of my day, may I continue in prayer -- being transformed by Your Presence, being transfigured into Your image, looking and listening to You alone. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com