Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Have Been to the Mountain Today 1-27-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take my hand, fill my heart, lead the way, as I start this new day together with You. ... "Be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning to Mount Sinai and present yourself there to Me, on the top of the mountain. No one shall come up with you ..." (Exodus 34:2-3). Before I speak to anyone else, I want to speak to You. Before I go anywhere else, I want to come to You. Through the veil of Your blood, I present myself to You in humility and faith, as best as I can and all by Your grace. Draw me up into the mountain of Your Presence. "But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which He has loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ -- by grace you have been saved -- and raised us up with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-6). Anything good that I will do, anything wise that I will say, will begin here in my time of communion in prayer with You. You are my vine and I am one of Your branches, abiding in You that my life will bear Your fruit (John 15:4-5). So I come up to this mountain to set my face and open my heart to abide in You. And here, on the mountain of Your Presence, I "wait upon the Lord" as You align heaven and earth to order my steps and set Your path for my day before me today (Isaiah 40:29-31). As I face the challenges and opportunities of my day, I can remember in my spirit that I need not worry or fear or falter, for I have been to the mountain today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I will be taking the School of Spiritual Ministry on the road to western Kentucky at Madisonville the first 3 weekends of February (Friday night and Saturday teaching, equipping, and ministry). Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries, to register if you're able to come. All are welcome! DirOfMinistries@aol.com And please let us know if you would like to order the dvd from our week-long intensive School of Spiritual Ministry from Lexington last week. Subscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org