Monday, March 24, 2008

"Many Convincing Proofs" that He's Alive Morning by Morning, Monday 3-24-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Through the intimate surrender of worship and the tender communion of prayer, I arise in You and You arise in me. Arise, my Lord, arise. ... "After His suffering He presented Himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God" (Acts 1:3). You endured the suffering of the cross "for the sake of the joy that was set before (You)" (Hebrews 12:2). And part that joy is presenting Yourself alive to the world to display the power and proclaim the coming of the kingdom of God here on earth as it is in heaven. And part of that joy is presenting Yourself alive through us, Your disciples who are called to continue Your ministry -- teaching the things You taught, doing the things You did, in the power that You had (John 14:12). In the mystery and grace of Your kingdom, the same "Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in (us)" (Romans 8:11). I want to see more and more of Your kingdom come on earth in my generation. I want to see "many convincing proofs" of Your presence, Your power, and Your kingdom in the realms of the earth You have entrusted to me. You brought my daughter Maddie and me out to Bethel Church in Redding, California this week where the consider Your miracles to be part of the "normal Christian life" and many are saved and come into Your kingdom because they see the reality of Your presence and Your power. Last night we heard testimony of the fourth child that's been healed of autism through the prayers of Your people in the "house of prayer", a pastor who was healed from a stroke attack that very morning, and an aids victim who now miraculously no longer has aids! I praise You for the pockets of Your power being displayed in the earth. What You've been doing in many parts of the rest of the world, You are beginning to do here in my nation as well. What You are doing in Mozambique, You are doing in California; and what You are doing in California, You can do in Kentucky and everywhere else where Your people call on Your name to see Your kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. There is no sin or suffering or sickness or bondage in heaven; so we are praying, in the Lord's prayer as You taught us to pray, for there to be none on earth as it is in heaven. So I ask for more; I want to see more -- more of You, more of Your power, more of Your kingdom breaking into earth. Teach me how to participate with You in Your kingdom coming, Your will being done in every increasing displays of Your glory. This is part of the joy for which You endured the suffering of the cross -- Your joy and even mine: "Until now you have not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete" (John 16:24). I am asking, Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I have a rare chance this week to spend some on-on-one, father daughter bonding time with my youngest daughter Maddie. We're at the "Pastoring Kids in Revival" Leadership Conference at Bethel Church in Redding, California: http://www.ibethel.org/ Pastor Bill Johnson prayed for the two of us at church yesterday and I would appreciate your prayers for us to have life-changing spiritual experiences together this week. I pray the same for you. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org