Monday, March 03, 2008

O Lord, My God 3-3-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Father and my Friend, my Lord and the Lover of my soul. I long for You to lead me into the glory of Your Presence. ... "O God, You are my God, I seek You, my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding Your power and glory" (Psalm 63:1-2). Though You created heaven and earth, You also created me. Though You know all things, You also know me. You are God and You are my God. You are Lord of all, and You are my Lord. You are omnipotent, but You are also personal. You are infinite, but You are also intimate. And I honor You for who You are in all the earth, but I also welcome You to be all You are here in me as well, as You fill my thirsting soul "with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19). Lately, You've been sending me new songs in the morning, awakening my soul to arise in worship. I hear Your Holy Spirit singing a new song in my human spirit again this morning with the heart of David I hear in this Psalm of thirsting for presence and trusting in Your provision in a deeply personal way: O Lord, my God, You are my God. O Lord, my God, You are my God. You're my Father and Friend Leader and Lord My Matchless Maker Wisdom and Word You're my Hero and Helper My Healer, Holy God Full of honor and glory And all that You are I thirst for You Thankfully Though I'm weary or afraid I give to You All of my Heart You have made I worship You Wait for You As I watch through the night I long for You Listen for You 'til morning's light I want for You Welcome You With all my might You're my Father and Friend Leader and Lord My Matchless Maker Wisdom and Word You're my Hero and Helper My Healer, Holy God Full of honor and glory And all that You are O Lord, my God, You are my God. O Lord, my God, You are my God. Thank You Lord, my God, for being so powerful and so personal, so infinite but also so intimate. By Your grace, I trust You and love You a little more each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to the Fountain! the 3rd Friday Night of every month at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Hosted in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Contact Marilyn Walker for details at dirofministries@aol.com All are welcome! Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/