Friday, March 21, 2008

"When I Survey the Wonderful Cross" 3-21-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I hear the old hymn rising up in my heart as I think about the day You died for me: "When I survey the wonderful cross, on which the Prince of glory died, my richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride." ... "They stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him, and after twisting some thorns into a crown, they put it on His head. They put a reed in His right hand and knelt before Him and mocked Him, saying, 'Hail, King of the Jews!' They spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. After mocking Him, they stripped Him of the robe and put His own clothes on Him. Then they led Him away to crucify Him" (Matthew 27:28-31). They poured contempt on You. They mocked You and spat on You and defiled You, then they led You away to a place of shame and disgrace where they stripped You of all human dignity and tortured You to death. And You did it all for me -- for me and for all. All the suffering I will ever face, all the sin I will ever commit, You took upon Yourself for me that day. "But He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the punishment that made us whole, and by His bruises we are healed.... He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; like a lamb that is lead to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so He did not open His mouth. By a perversion of justice He was taken away.... Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush Him with pain....because He poured Himself out to death, was numbered with the transgressors, yet He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors" (Isaiah 53:5-12). In my spirit now, with the eyes of my heart opened to You, I stand at the foot of the cross. And I look up to the face of the One who died for me. And I hear in my heart what You speak to the heart of all who will come and see and listen: "I did this all for you. And I would do it again, because I love you and I want you to spend eternity with Me. There was no other way. I AM the Way." Yes, Lord. "I pour contempt on all my pride." "May I never boast of anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ ..." (Galatians 6:14). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to the Fountain! for Good Friday this Friday Night 3/21 at 7 pm -- the 3rd Friday Night of every month -- for our ministry's monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. This month Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries and I will lead in prayer while Jeff Greene will lead in worship. Hosted in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Please come early for Intercessory Prayer at 6:15. Contact Marilyn at 859-422-1794. All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org