Monday, March 10, 2008

The Message of the Cross, The Power of God 3-10-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me, and I will follow. Speak to me, and I will listen. Send me, and I will go. ... "For Christ did not send me to baptize but to proclaim the gospel, and not with eloquent wisdom, so that the cross of Christ might not be emptied of its power. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:17-18). The power of God is the message of the cross of Christ -- not religious rituals or eloquent sermons, not "lofty words or wisdom" but "Jesus Christ, and Him crucified" (v. 2:1-2). As God the Father in Word and Spirit, You humbled Yourself as God the Son "in human likeness" to lay down Your life for me in love (Philippians 2:5-8). That's the power of God, the power of Love. "God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:9-10). Lord, forgive me when I forget that. Convict me and correct me when I begin to start thinking its about me instead of You -- my ministry, my preaching, my praying, instead of Your sacrifice of Your love. Remind me every moment of the message of the cross. You died for me so I can live through You. I'm "bought with a price" and no longer my own (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). My Master and my God, how then, shall I live through You today? In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we have 2 New CD series available from my week of ministry at Christ for the Nations in Dallas, Texas awhile back ( www.cfni.org ) : 1) Spiritual Warfare -- Fighting the Good Fight of Faith (4 cd's); and 2) The Father's Blessing Through Our Brokenness (1 cd) These are not yet on our web site, so please contact us at MessaiahMin@aol.com to order them for personal or group studies. Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org