Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pastoring Kids in Revival 3-26-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let the focus of my thoughts now turn to You alone. ... "Samuel was ministering before the Lord, a boy wearing a linen ephod.... And the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord" (1 Samuel 2:18-21). This morning, Maddie and I will join others from around the world for equipping and encouragement at our leadership conference called "Pastoring Kids in Revival." You are pouring out Your Spirit in the hearts of our kids to minister before You with purity and passion. I know I have much to learn and to listen to what Your Spirit is saying to Your church in this hour about raising up and releasing our young people to step into their places of ministry with the calling and gifts You've given them. Teach me how to facilitate that with wisdom, courage, and sensitivity in the settings where You send me to minister before You. Let my generation not hinder their generation, but let the children come freely and boldly into Your presence to find and live out their purpose in You. As You "sternly" commanded Your first disciples, "Let the little children come to Me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs" (Mark 10:14). Not only should we not hinder them, we should learn all we can from them. "Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it" (v. 10:15). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org