Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Fasting and Praying, Worshipping and Waiting - January 3

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart with Your heart, my mind with Your mind,
my ways with Your ways. I want to start well and end well, with Your Spirit guiding
my steps throughout the moments of my day. ...

"While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart
for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.' Then after fasting
and praying, they laid their hands on them and sent them off" (Acts 13:2-3).

Sylvia and I are beginning the first fourteen days of this new year fasting and
praying, worshipping and waiting for the clear leading of Your Holy Spirit. What
is the work to which You have called us this year? Who are those You've called
to come alongside us? Who are those You've called us to come alongside? Where are
You leading us; where will You send us?

Give us grace to wait with patience and faith for what we don't yet need to know.
Give us tenacity and perseverance to press in to You for what You want us to find
now. Let us be content with where we are in the journey; but at the same time, let
us always be excited and expectant for what lies ahead.

A wise friend of ours recently told us, "Everybody needs someone to love, something
to do, and something to look forward to." Thank You for giving us all three. And
thank You for calling us into this deep place to hunger and thirst to seek and
find what You have for us now. "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the
glory of kings is to search things out" (Proverbs 25:2). In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Happy New Year! I pray for you to know the intimacy, power, and authority
of Christ in your heart and every dimension of your life this year, in Jesus' name.
Thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer. I'll be praying for you.
Would you please be praying for me? God bless you!

Be empowered, equiped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org