Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Power Encounters in the Spirit of Christ - January 4

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Lord and Savior, my Best Friend and King. I entrust this day and all my life to You, O Lord, my God-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...


"Then Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them power and authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to cure every disease and every sickness.... 'As you go, proclaim the good news, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand...' " (Matthew 10:1-7).


You're still sending forth Your faithful disciples, just as You sent forth Your first disciples, to encounter the powers of darkness and the kingdoms of this world with the power of the Holy Spirit and the Kingdom of God. Sickness must bow; disease must be healed; demons must go. "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever" (Revelation 11:16, NKJV).


These are power encounters-Your power that destroys the power of the kingdom of darkness through the power of the blood of Jesus. "The Son of God was revealed for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8). And now You have entrusted Your power to be released in the power of Your love through those who are called by Your name as the Body and Bride of Christ. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit within us, empowering us with authority in this world, as the Body of Christ to continue the ministry of Christ (Romans 8:9-11).


Lord Jesus, as the Father sent You, so You send us in Your power and authority to continue to accomplish Your purpose-to destroy the works of the devil (John 20:21). "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under (our) feet" (Romans 16:20). It's not in our power, but Yours-the power of the Spirit of "Christ in (us), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6). So I praise You, Lord God Almighty, with excitement and expectation, for the opportunities and encounters I'll have today to see the kingdoms of the world become the kingdoms of my God, through the power and authority of the Spirit of Christ living in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Happy New Year! I pray for you to know the intimacy, power, and authority of Christ in your heart and every dimension of your life this year, in Jesus' name. Thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer. I'll be praying for you. Would you please be praying for me? God bless you!


Be empowered, equiped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries