Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Key to "Well-Being" - January 19

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord; I want to see You. Open the ears of my spirit; I want to hear You. I'm watching; I'm waiting in the silence of surrender to sense Your leading in these first moments of my morning. ...

"So acknowledge today and take to heart that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other. Keep His statues and His commandments, which I am commanding you today for your own well-being and that of your descendants after you, so that you may long remain in the land that the Lord your God is giving you for all time" (Deuteronomy 4:39-40).


I look to You. I acknowledge You. You are God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other. You are my Creator. You are my Lord and Savior. You are the Ruler of this universe and the Sovereign One over my life. You know what is best for "(my) own well-being." You know the way for me to "long remain in the land" of the promises and blessings that You have prepared for me through my identity and destiny in You. And that way is to trust in Your nature and obey Your commands.


What is Your nature? What are Your commands? They are both revealed in Jesus Christ, Emmanuel, God with us - the One who is Love, the One who perfectly walks in Love, and the One who calls us to follow You in that walk and expression of Your nature: "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you.... I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another" (John 15:12-17).


My health, my "well-being" in spirit, soul, and body, is dependent upon my obedience to Your command to love. My possession of Your promises for my identity and my destiny is dependent upon my obedience to Your command to love. Lord Jesus, You said, "As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love" (John 15:9-10). Teach me, lead me, and empower me to abide in Your love in obedience to Your command. I know I can't do that apart from You and Your Spirit abiding in me, but "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night, Jan 20th at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship on the 3rd Friday of every month. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit and the loving embrace of the Father heart of God. Andrew Eberheart from Asbury will be leading in worship, while Sylvia and I will be leading in prayer and ministry this month. All are welcome! Please come and spread the word!

Messiah Ministries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries. Request the dvd's to watch from Level 1 and you can still attend Level 2. Some partial scholarships are available so all can attend and be trained.
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

5th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
"Contend for the Faith" -- A regional gathering to seek the Word of the Lord for our city and region for 2012, hosted this year at East Second Street Christian Church in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. All are welcome!
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org