Friday, January 06, 2012

"Not Your Own" - January 6

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit.
Through the deep communion of intimate prayer and trusting surrender, draw me into
the place where You are One within me. ...

"But anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him.... Or do you not know
that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you. which you have from God,
and that you are not your own? For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify
God in your body" (1 Corinthians 6:17-20).

I am not my own. I belong to You. I was in slavery to sin and death, but You came
and saved me. I was lost, but now I'm found; I was dead, but now I'm alive; I was
bound but now I'm free. Now I'm cleansed by the blood of the Lamb and filled with
the Spirit of God. My heart is Your home and my body is Your temple. You are Lord
of all that I am and Lord of all that I have. I am Yours. ...

Lord, help me live my life today like I truly mean the words I've just prayed. Show
me in all the encounters I'll have and all the choices I'll make, throughout all
the moments of my day, what a difference it makes if these words are true. ...

I know I'll need the power of Your grace, because I know it's not by my power or
my might, but by Your Spirit alone that I can glorify You in my body and by my
life-one day at a time. Thank You that I know that I have it, and Your grace is
sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please come join us and spread the word:

5th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
"Contend for the Faith" -- A regional gathering to seek the Word of the Lord for
our city and region for 2012, hosted this year at East Second Street Christian
Church in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. All are welcome!
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar
Messiah Minsitries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal
the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of
the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries.
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org