Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Grow in Grace - January 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look and listen; I watch and wait. Come, Holy Spirit. ...

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity" (2 Peter 3:18).


Along the journey of my life, it seems I've learned how to grow in knowledge, affirmed by the pieces of paper, framed as certificates and degrees, hung on my walls or tucked away in my closets-a high school diploma, an Associate of Arts, a Bachelor of Business Administration, a Masters of Divinity, a Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Board Certification in Trial Law. And along the way, it seems I've grown in the knowledge of our Lord Savior Jesus Christ-Bible classes, Sunday School lessons, theological studies, meditation of the Word of God, and my personal spiritual journey of faith. I've needed to grow, even been driven to grow in knowledge. But maybe most of all, I'm realizing how much I need to grow in grace.


Lord, teach me to grow in grace. How do I do it?


It seems I hear You say: "My son, My grace is My favor upon you, My mercy toward you, and My power through you. You grow in grace as you learn to depend upon Me alone. You can't earn it or deserve it; you can only receive it. Learn to receive My grace, My son; and You will grow in grace, My son."


Yes, Lord. In our world of striving, with all the pressures and expectations we put upon ourselves or allow others to put upon us, it's hard to look to You alone to find my sense of identity and allow You alone to direct my sense of destiny. But as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to trust in You, to rest in You, to depend upon You.


My Father God, help me embrace the peace and the truth that "it is God (not me) who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for (Your) good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). Help me come to understand Your promise, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). Help me grow in grace, all by the grace of God. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 Friends, please come join us and spread the word:
5th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
"Contend for the Faith" -- A regional gathering to seek the Word of the Lord for our city and region for 2012, hosted this year at East Second Street Christian Church in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. All are welcome!
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Messiah Ministries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries.
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org