Monday, January 09, 2012

Supernatural Strengthening - January 9

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In the communion of prayer, let my human spirit engage
with Your Holy Spirit and my human nature yield to Your holy nature. ...

"May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from His glorious power,
and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving
thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints
in the light" (Colossians 1:11-12).

There is a supernatural strengthening that comes from within-from Your Spirit abiding
within my spirit (John 15:4). Your Holy Spirit strengthens my human spirit with
Your glorious power. Your Holy Spirit sensitizes my human spirit with Your tender
leading. Your Holy Spirit aligns my human spirit with Your wise will. In that strengthening,
You prepare me and empower me to endure anything without losing my patience or letting
it steal my joy. This is part of my inheritance as a saint in the light, a child
of God filled with the Spirit of Christ. This is part of the fulfillment of Your
promise, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).

Lord, strengthen me more every day. Grow me up "to maturity, to the measure of the
full stature of Christ," as I seek to "grow up in every way into Him who is the
head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:11-16). It's all by the power of Your grace, and
it's all in the journey of faith. Thank You for meeting me here in my heart, Spirit
to spirit, as I start off another day of our journey in communion with You. Thank
You for Your compelling invitation to start each day embraced by the Father, centered
in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Help me now continue to abide with You,
in the communion of Your Spirit, throughout the moments of my day. In Jesus' name
I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please come join us and spread the word:

5th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
"Contend for the Faith" -- A regional gathering to seek the Word of the Lord for
our city and region for 2012, hosted this year at East Second Street Christian
Church in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. All are welcome!
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Messiah Ministries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal
the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of
the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries.
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org