Wednesday, February 01, 2012

"Commander of the Army of the Lord" - February 1

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come, Holy Spirit. Be near, Heavenly Father. ...

"Once when Joshua was by Jericho, he looked up and saw a Man standing before him with a drawn sword in His hand. Joshua went to Him and said to Him, 'Are You one of us, or one of our adversaries?' He replied, 'Neither; but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.' And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshipped, and he said to Him, 'What do You command Your servant, my Lord?' " (Joshua 5:13-14).


Lord Jesus, You are the Commander of the army of the Lord. You are our Commander in Chief; we are Your army-an army of servants and sons, worshippers and warriors, the children of God in human flesh, sent forth to advance Your Kingdom at Your command.


Lord, what is Your command for me today?


As I watch and wait, Your Spirit is bringing Your Word to mind: "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask Him in My name. I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another" (John 15:12-17).


There are battles to fight and cities to take (Joshua 6:20). And everywhere You send us to set the soles of our feet in the physical realm and to touch with the power of our prayers in the spiritual realm is ground You have already given into our hands, if we will trust You and obey You (Joshua 1:3). Yet these battles are fought and these cities are taken through the power of love - loving You, loving one another, willing to lay down our lives for Your sake and for the sake of one another. Learning to choose full surrender to You and self-sacrifice for others is our training and commission for this spiritual war (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).


This is Your command to Your army. These are our marching orders and our battle plan. These are the weapons of our warfare and the assurance of our victory. As You have with every army in every generation, You call us to battle and spur us on to victory with this command: "I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9).


And with You armies of old, we respond to Your command: "All that You have commanded us we will do, and wherever You send us we will go" (Joshua 1:16). "Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle" (Psalm 144:1). May we arise and go into battle today with these weapons of our warfare in the power of Your love - proclaiming the coming of the Kingdom of God, healing the brokenhearted, setting the captives free (Isaiah 61:1). Trusting and obedient, strong courageous, may we advance today at Your command. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends, please keep us in prayer as Sylvia and I begin teaching our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry this week! We also offer this Course in other communities, so please let us know if your church or group would like us to come. We also have Level 1 and Level 2 from past sessions on DVD:
www.messiah-ministries.org/resources

Messiah Ministries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries. Request the dvd's to watch from Level 1 and you can still attend Level 2. Some partial scholarships are available so all can attend and be trained.
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org