Friday, February 24, 2012

"The Breath of the Almighty" Gives Wisdom - February 24

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Mighty to save, mighty to forgive, mighty to heal, You are the Lord God Almighty. ...

"But truly it is the spirit in a mortal, the breath of the Almighty, that makes for understanding. It is not the old that are wise, nor the aged that understand what is right" (Job 32:8-9).


Your Holy Spirit, abiding within my human spirit, gives me understanding and teaches me what is right. Your breath gives me life, and Your guidance enables me to live it well. Neither the books I've read, the degrees I hold, nor the years I've lived make me wise in the wisdom of God - that only comes from the time I spend in communion with You. This is the "wisdom from above" (James 3:17).


So at the beginning of this day, before I open my mind to the thoughts of this world and the wisdom of this age, I open my heart and spirit to You. "For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding ... for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; prudence will watch over you; and understanding will guard you" (Proverbs 2:6-11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, Syliva and I are enjoying a few days in the guest house of great friends in Texas before our next ministry engagement. Please keep us in prayer as we minister in Brady, Texas at First UMC this weekend and Kerrville, Texas on Monday and Tuesday night at Impact Christian Fellowship ( www.impactkerr.com ) with inner healing and prophetic ministry. Come join us if you can!