Monday, February 27, 2012

A Tender Heart - February 27

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your light shine in my heart and guide my steps throughout the moments of my day. ...

"A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and make you follow My statutes and be careful to observe My ordinances. Then you shall live in the land that I gave to your ancestors; and you shall be My people and I shall be your God" (Ezekiel 36:26-28).


Sylvia and I have been speaking in Brady, Texas this past weekend at the First Methodist Church and at Brady Community Church on spiritual leadership and spiritual gifts. On the way to the meeting last night, we drove by the courthouse at the center of town and saw a big granite monument in the shape of the state of Texas. At the center was a bright red heart, declaring, "Brady, The Heart of Texas." Though it's a fitting declaration of this city at the geographical center of the state, it's also a fitting declaration of the vibrant heart of the people here as well.


At the same time, there is a sense of a spiritual dryness and even hardness in the region for those who need to know You and those who need to encounter Your intimate Presence and Your mighty power. During worship last night, it seemed I heard You say to this land, "I am breaking the hardness of your heart of stone, and I am giving you a tender heart, wide open to My Presence and My power and My love." As I shared this word, we came into agreement in Your declaration on behalf of this land and prayed it out as far as Your grace would go to the heart of this region, this nation, and this world.


Lord, break the hardness of our hearts. Give us Your tender heart. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit. Create in us a clean heart and renew a right spirit with us, in our generation throughout the earth (Psalm 51:10). Let it be so in Brady and let it be so in the Body of Christ, filled with the Spirit of Christ, continuing the ministry of Christ, with Your tender heart and in Your mighty power. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Thank You! for praying for us as we ministered in Brady, Texas this weekend. The Holy Spirit was moving mightily at our weekend conference. We were led to personally prophesy over every person at the meeting last night when the pastor of another local church invited us to come minister at his church.


Please keep us in prayer as we speak in Kerrville, Texas on Monday and Tuesday night at Impact Christian Fellowship ( www.impactkerr.com ) with inner healing and prophetic ministry. Come join us if you can!