Thursday, October 01, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 1 - Good Stewards of God's Gifts
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You said when You are lifted up You draw us all to You. Be lifted up in my heart and my prayers and my praise. Draw me near to You now and throughout the moments of my day.  ...
 
"Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you as received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever" (1 Peter 4:10-11).
 
Give me Your heart to love You and serve Your people today. You're my model and You're my hero; and You said "the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve" (Matthew 20:28).
 
By the manifold grace of God, the multifaceted and unlimited, unique ways You've gifted each one of us and express Yourself through us, You invite us to be an extension of Your heart and Your hands through our lives. "There are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone" (1 Corinthians 12:4-7). By the manifold, multifaceted grace of God, we are Your body -- "the body of Christ" -- here in this world, loving You and serving others (1 Corinthians 12:27). By Your grace expressed through us as the body of Christ, this is one way "that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 4:11).
 
So be lifted up and draw me near in the communion of my human spirit with Your Holy Spirit, centered in Christ, and embraced by my Father in the unfailing love and unending grace of my faithful God (2 Corinthians 13:13). Let me see what You're doing and hear what You're saying; let me sense how You're moving and follow where You're leading. Lord Jesus, You're my model and You're my hero; and You said "the Son can do nothing on His own, but only what He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise" (John 5:19). In Your ministry in this world as the Son of Man, You said You only spoke the words the Father said (John 12:49). Let me do the same, by the leading of Your Spirit, living in me (1 Corinthians 3:16).
 
Now by the grace of God, as I live out this day taking my part in Your body -- the body of Christ filled with the Spirit of Christ -- let me be both obedient and bold, both humble and confident, faithful to You as "a good steward" of all You've entrusted to me (1 Peter 4:10). Let me speak Your words and serve Your people with the strength and grace that You supply (1 Peter 4:11). And may You be gloried in all things through Jesus Christ, living in me (Colossians 1:27). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be filled afresh with the Spirit of Christ, as you love our God and serve His people with all the gifts He has entrusted to you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


Friends, please keep us in prayer tonight these Thurday nights as we begin our seven week series of our Level 2 School of Ministry at Rapha God Ministries. May the Lord bless you and empower you in every way He has gifted you and called you to love Him and serve His people!

DVDs of our School of Ministry are available on-line through our web site. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!